Friday, October 10, 2008

awkward conversations

so Im going to 2 shows this weekend, one opera with the lady and one musical with a friend. Im not sure what I'll were to the opera, but its a casual one were I could have on a nice pair of jeans and be ok. Well in some peoples mind, I still try to look extra nice for opera, hell its "high art" kinda like ballet, yes its super cheap opera but its still opera. I hope the lady wears a skirt, I haven't seen her in one in a while and it makes me so happy.

So I was working on stuff yesterday and my friend comes up to me and asks me if I am planning on wearing a dress, I look at her a little silly and reply "I only have one skirt in my closet and thats for when my family visits plus I get a little panicky after about 20 minutes in a skirt." I asked if there was a particular reason I needed to were a skirt (awkwardly running into her family or what ever the reason might be) We have known each other for over 2 years now, she has yet to see me, in that I can recall, any womens clothing and she has seen me dressed up plenty of times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

reminds me of the woman who asked if i wore a wedding dress when t. and i had our commitment ceremony. what are they thinking?

just found you via jessie macrae. don't feel awkward about your writing, it's just fine, and this is a great space to get your thoughts out there!

Holden said...

Hey I’m tagging you, check out my blog for details.

Kyle said...

Ok, Holden obviously has the jump on me today... I've tagged you too....

for a double tag, I think you have the choice of doubling your facts or sticking with 7...