Sunday, September 28, 2008

dressing up?

Thank you to Colleen at Fatgirl Femme for welcoming me to the blog world. Her mentioning my cuff links reminded me how much I really like to dress up. The only thing is that I will probably never have a job that is even remotely business casual. I'm in school and college is not known for giving you lots of time to interact with the world at large and dress up, your more likely to see girls in sweatpants than skirts. My major, technical theatre stuff, requires me to get dirty and build scenery or hang lights in a dusty grid or a bunch of other things. So Im mostly a jeans and a t-shirt with work boots. If I really want to dress up I were a polo or a dress shirt over a t-shirt, generally white or black and take off the nicer shirt for work.

Even for dates the lady and I don't get that dressed up, but by the end of the week were both so tired we generally vote for take out, cuddling and studying. I wish we would go on more dress-up dates, not only because I enjoy dressing up but because I like seeing her all dressed up. Even on her super casual Sundays she has on earrings and her hair done. But there is something about seeing her in a dress with stockings (which includes a garter belt) and shoes. She has a shoe thing, which is ok by me. Tons of adorable shoes. Its quite the contrast to my 1 pair of dress black shoes, 1 pair of dress brown shoes, a pair of tennis shoes, work boots, and sandals.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

awesome blog.. I look forward to reading more.