Friday, November 7, 2008

So its been awhile...

and apparently I can remember how to use this thing but that's ok, only 2 false posts that were empty. School kind of ate up all of my free time and took away most of my sleep time, but things have kind of calmed down for the moment.

Im not going to say too much about the election because I feel that most of us are in the same boat, bitter-sweet. Im happy to see Obama as president elect but disappointed in the fact that 3 states now have a ban on same-sex marriage.

I miss being able to dress up yes, I have posted on this before but I mean my day to day work clothes are work pants, a t-shirt and steel toes, a letherman, and a flashlight attached to my belt.

During this brief absence from posting it was my birthday, and sometimes I wonder why I get the things I do from my family (parents, my aunt, my 1 cousin and her family), girl pajama bottoms (now even my super girly best friend and my mother agree that men's pj bottoms are so much better, and they generally have pockets, which make them 100 times better for living in) and to go with those pants a package of mens white t-shirts in XL, now I am a womens XL but a mens M or L depending, and because of my tattoo that my family doesn't know about I just haven't worn a white t-shirt around them for a year. I also received a sparkly pink mermaid wind chime thing, its really beautiful. But sometimes I wonder how well does my family know me? and I know I dress more feminine around them, so I know that has something to do with it. Who knows, but my family does make me smile even when the tension does get a little high during the holidays, my mom breaks out her singing Elvis ornament and starts dancing around. Plus my daddy is amazing, he is one of my best friends and he still gets super excited over the idea that his only child, who is a girl can do it all, build things, weld things but also embroider and cook. And that is why for the past three years my dad has given me tools.

1 comment:

Asphalt Cowboy said...

Your dad rocks. Plain and simple.

I'm 30, and last year my grandma got me an organizer with Winnie the Poo on it. Seriously.